Oracle Principal Engineer in Longmont, Colorado
Define, design, and implement network communications and solutions within a fast-paced, leading edge database/applications company.
Responsible for creating and implementing system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system. Manage the load configurations of a central data communication processor and make recommendations for purchase or upgrade of data networks. Works on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data consists of an evaluation of intangibles.
Individual should hold at least ten years of related experience in a medium to large network distributed and computing environment. Individual should hold a BS in Computer Science or related field.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Principal Engineer – FedRAMP
Every day at Oracle is different, as new clients, markets and business opportunities push us to
achieve. We are currently recruiting a Principal Engineer to provide support to the
continuous and efficient running of Oracle’s global SaaS platforms.
Your main responsibilities will include:
· Trouble-shooting and proactively managing highly technical system issues
· Installation and configuration and maintenance of hardware and software
· Operating and contributing to automation and management systems:
· Operate and provision into cloud environments:
Oracle cloud, OCI, OCI-C
Ensure that all operational and administration activities are carried out with a focus on security and operational efficiency
Operate and contribute to our monitoring and alerting stacks:
Logfile parsing and analysis
· Work proactively with remote data centers around the world
· Preparation of reports for operational and management purposes
· Pro-actively contribute and support the team and Oracle
Provide rotational on call support for all global regions
· Provide rotational on call support for all global regions
To be successful in this role you will possess the following skills and experience:
· Experience working in Agile teams, using Scrum or Kanban
· The ability to install and configure hardware and storage devices including SAN
· Extensive experience and knowledge of the Linux operating system, in particular Red Hat, OEL
· Experience running large Java/python/ruby applications
· Virtualization Experience with VMware ESX, or Linux based solutions
· Golang, Python, shell and other programming language skills an advantage
Exposure to system management monitoring and alerting tools:
• Solid and modern source control practices, including Git and merge request flows
• Experience and knowledge of the Microsoft Windows Server Operating System and Microsoft SQL Server
• Sound knowledge and experience of TCP/IP networking and experience with Linux based firewalls, routers and IPSEC VPN systems
• Exposure to Cisco switches and the IOS operating system
• Good analytical skills for troubleshooting problems, especially from remote locations
• System and Network security practices and disciplines need to be demonstrated
• Willingness to proactively engage in continuous process improvement
• Ability to listen and communicate clearly with different areas of the business
- Be a self-starter with the capability to work autonomously
Joining Oracle is a great career move. We need energetic people with initiative, who are keen
to learn and grow with us, and to develop solutions to exciting challenges. We provide great
training and ongoing professional development, and you will work with smart, friendly
people who like you, are passionate about what we do.
*Please note - Only USA citizens or US persons may apply for this role. *
Job: *Information Technology
Title: Principal Engineer
Location: United States
Requisition ID: 20000WZM