Danaher Corporation Purchasing Agent I in Loveland, Colorado
Danaher Company Description
Hach is a world leader in the manufacture and distribution of analytical instruments, test kits and reagents for testing the quality of water, aqueous solutions and air. Our products are designed specifically for quality, accuracy, and simplicity. Strengthened by our sister companies in the environmental industry worldwide, our goal for the future is to continue to provide customers with reliable instrumentation, accurately prepared reagents, proven methods, simplified procedures and outstanding technical support. We offer an environment that is team-centered, customer-driven, quality-focused, and growth-oriented. Working at Hach will provide you the opportunity for robust career development.
OUR MISSION: Ensure water quality for people around the world.
OUR VISION: We make water analysis better – faster, simpler, greener and more informative – via unsurpassed customer partnerships, the most k nowledgeable experts, and reliable, easy-to-use products.
WATER QUALITY GROUP
Danaher`s Water Quality Business is a global leader in water quality analysis and treatment, providing instrumentation and disinfection systems to help analyze and manage the quality of ultra-pure water, portable water, wastewater, groundwater and ocean water in residential, commercial, industrial, and natural resource applications. Our water quality business provides products under a variety of brands, including HACH, ChemTreat, and Trojan Technologies.
Purchasing Agent I is responsible for overall supply chain, vendor management and commodity management activities including negotiation of contracts. This includes establishing and maintaining strategic sourcing relationships with emphasis on quality, delivery and cost. Responsibilities also include helping to define, develop and refine the purchasing system to meet the needs of internal and external customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establishes and maintains supply system as assigned to ensure uninterrupted supply of required materials.
- Maintains open lines of communication with suppliers for prompt resolution of quality or delivery problems
- Negotiates with suppliers to attain lowest possible total cost for purchased commodities.
- Maintains high level of knowledge about commodity suppliers and market conditions to support strategic sourcing decisions.
- Places and maintains purchase orders to support ongoing material supply including long-term contracts.
- Provides timely updates on the status of any supplier quality or delivery problems to internal customers.
- Maintains supply system database for proper sourcing, procurement lead-times, order quantities, prices and internal delivery requirements.
- Monitors supplier performance, holds supplier accountable for performance levels.
- Structure new items within the system as required supporting new product development.
OTHER NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Help define, establish and improve Purchasing policy and procedures and document as well as for ISO certification and internal training requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- HS diploma/GED or equivalent required.
- 3-5 years experience in the purchasing field as a Buyer, Purchasing Specialist II or Purchasing Agent (or closely related experience) and two-year college or technical degree required.
- OR 2-4 years experience in the purchasing field as a Buyer, Purchasing Specialist II or Purchasing Agent (or closely related experience) with BA/BS degree in transportation/logistics, business or other relevant degree preferred.
- In depth knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems, including MRP, inventory management, and planning systems.
- APICS (CPIM) and/or NAPM (C.P.M.) certification preferred and required within 2 years of acceptance of position.
- Knowledge of supplier relationships, contract negotiations, JIT/demand flow philosophies, and legal issues involved with purchasing required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is constantly required to sit. The employee may occasionally squat, turn/twist, or reach. The employee is constantly using hands to: finger, handle, feel or operate objects, and computer keyboards. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk, hear, and smell.
The employee must occasionally lift, carry, push or pull up to 20 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment consists of an indoor, work or home office environment with good ventilation, adequate lighting, and low noise levels.
The duties listed in job descriptions are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change. The purpose of this description is to assist in ADA compliance and is not intended for other purposes such as collective bargaining, or compensation.
External hiring into this position is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check and possible credit history review.
Hach is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Supply Chain & Logistics
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-CO-Loveland
Req ID: HAC006214