Danaher Corporation Quality Tech II Incoming Inspection in Loveland, Colorado
Danaher Company Description
Hach is a world leader in the manufacture and distribution of analytical instruments, test kits and reagents for testing the quality of water, aqueous solutions and air. Our products are designed specifically for quality, accuracy, and simplicity. Strengthened by our sister companies in the environmental industry worldwide, our goal for the future is to continue to provide customers with reliable instrumentation, accurately prepared reagents, proven methods, simplified procedures and outstanding technical support. We offer an environment that is team-centered, customer-driven, quality-focused, and growth-oriented. Working at Hach will provide you the opportunity for robust career development.
OUR MISSION: Ensure water quality for people around the world.
OUR VISION: We make water analysis better – faster, simpler, greener and more informative – via unsurpassed customer partnerships, the most k nowledgeable experts, and reliable, easy-to-use products.
WATER QUALITY GROUP
Danaher`s Water Quality Business is a global leader in water quality analysis and treatment, providing instrumentation and disinfection systems to help analyze and manage the quality of ultra-pure water, portable water, wastewater, groundwater and ocean water in residential, commercial, industrial, and natural resource applications. Our water quality business provides products under a variety of brands, including HACH, ChemTreat, and Trojan Technologies.
The function of a Technician II, Quality includes the following:
- Provide incoming inspection of designated parts (purchased or manufactured) to ensure they meet designated specifications.
- Verify compliance documentation for CE, UL, ATEX and other certification of purchased parts.
- Provide support to the New Product Integration (NPI) and Component Engineers (CE) in the area of mechanical and electrical inspection. Including First Article Inspection (FAI) dimensional, visual and functional inspection/testing of components and sub-assemblies.
- Monitor component quality performance of FAI parts over time to identify chronic quality issues and work with NPI/Component Engineer or Buyer to resolve.
- Support Loveland quality improvement efforts including fabrication, injection molding, printed circuit board assembly, and instrument assembly.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs simple to complex mechanical and electrical inspection on components and assemblies.
- Participates in FAI review meetings involving Quality, NPI and Component Engineers
- Works with NPI, CE and Buyer to resolve component quality issues.
- Works with NPI engineers to resolve quality issues identified in First Article inspection work.
- Execute Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) mechanical measurements programs of complex parts.
- Verify through inspection, test and appropriate statistical applications that corrective action is valid.
- Performs environmental, functional and operational testing.
- Read and interpret blueprints and drawing as they relate to specifications, including circuit diagrams.
- Initiate and help define inspection method sheets and part qualification plans.
- Initiates and reviews Engineering Change Orders (ECO).
- Performs maintenance of component specifications and requirements.
- Provides visual and dimensional problem-solving support in identifying root causes of problem parts.
OTHER NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree or equivalent work experience with focus in a technical field (electronics, inspection, and mechanical design) required.
- Three to five years experience inspection operations or related experience preferred.
- Practical knowledge in technical areas of electronics, mechanical design and related inspection and inspection tools.
- Computer skills including word processing, Excel, report development, graphics and basic statistics programs.
- Should be able to understand and apply various problem-solving tools, including systematic problem-solving methods.
- Familiar with and ability to apply statistical tools in analyzing and presenting quality results from inspections and component capability studies.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is constantly required to, stand/or sit, squat, turn/twist, reach, use hands to: finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to hear, walk, climb, balance, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk, and smell.
The employee must frequently lift, carry, push or pull up to 20 pounds and/or occasionally lift, carry, push or pull up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be subjected to moving mechanical parts, electrical currents, vibrations, fumes, odors, dusts, gases, chemicals, oils, extreme temperatures and work space restrictions.
The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
Employees will be required to wear the proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) which may include: eye, hearing and respiratory protection, protective smock, steel toe shoes, gloves, hard hats, or face shields. Contact lenses may not be allowed in some areas.
The duties listed in job descriptions are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
External hiring into this position is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check and possible credit history review.
Hach is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Quality and Regulatory Affairs
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-CO-Loveland
Req ID: HAC006235