Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer - Staff in Schriever AFB, Colorado
Would you like to be a part of a diverse and growing systems engineering team which contributes to the development of a system which is critical to our
At Lockheed Martin, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education.
The Command and Control, Battle Management, and Communications Experimentation Laboratory (C2BMC X-Lab) is a very fast paced and dynamic environment. The X-Lab is responsible for developing and integrating future-capability prototypes for the Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) including Sensor/Weapon Integration, Algorithm Development, User Interface Development and other critical leading-edge missile defense technologies.
As a Systems Engineer at the X-Lab on C2BMC, a selected candidate will perform a disciplined system engineering approach to the definition, development, and analysis of the integration of external elements capability with C2BMC. A successful candidate will help their team work towards future capabilities such as sensor management, tasking, cueing, and discrimination architectures. Within this role, a candidate will participate in developing, executing, and analyzing
the results of various tests of the software in a lab environment as needed. A small amount of travel may be required.
Learn more about our capabilities
- Active Top Secret with the ability to obtain an SCI
- Bachelor's Degree in Math, Science, Engineering or
related technical field w/ 2 years of professional
experience, or no experience with Master's Degree.
- Knowledge of systems engineering of new capabilities
- Knowledge of capability and requirement derivation
- Knowledge of use case, system requirements,
performance specification development, and UML
- Knowledge of system interface design & Interface
Control Document development
- Knowledge of Windows Office applications required.
- Master's Degree preferred.
- Full cycle systems engineering of new capabilities
- Capability and requirement derivation based on customer needs
- Use case, system requirements, performance specification development, and UML modeling
- System interface design & Interface Control Document development
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Experience with analysis tool development using
MATLAB, Excel, S-Code, Satellite Toolkit (STK), etc.
- Experience with operating systems experience with
Windows & Unix/Linux
- Experience with algorithm design and implementation
- Experience with theory and application of track
- Experience with probability theory and optimal state
- Coding skills a plus (Java, C++, and shell scripts)
- Using the Agile methodology for software development\\-- Excellent communications skills (written and oral)
Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.