Headquarters, Air Force Reserve Command Training Technician in Schriever AFB, Colorado
Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below for* IMPORTANT* additional information.
The primary purpose of this position is to administer the education and training programs, provide technical guidance and assistance to managers and supervisors within the organization.
Learn more about this agency
- Assist in the administration and effective management of unit training programs for the unit/organization.
- Manage the development of education and training instructional products.
- Monitor the overall accuracy and reliability of all data entered into and maintained in an automated Personnel Data System (PDS).
- Responsible for overall management On-The-Job (OJT) program for the organization/unit.
- Plan, direct, organize, and coordinate operations of the Advance Distributed Learning, and multimedia education and training program.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
- #### Job family (Series)
1702 Education And Training Technician
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a United States Citizen
- Travel Expenses may be paid
- Incentives will not be offered
- Disclosure of Political Appointments
- Preferred Military AFSC and Grade: 3F271/MSGT (E-7) - Homestead ARB, FL; 3F251/SSGT (E-5) - McGuire AFB, NJ; 3F271/MSGT (E-7) - Schriever AFB, CO
- Position may or will require incumbent to Fly in military and/or commercial aircraft in the performance of temporary duty (TDY) assignments
- Required to meet and maintain Air Force Reserve requirements. Incumbent's regular assignments are primarily ART duties: however, the incumbent may be assigned some non-ART duties, generally not to exceed 30 percent of total responsibilities
- Position may require a background security investigation to determine suitability for employment and/or a security clearance
- Work is primarily sedentary
- The work area is adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: You must have at least one year (52 weeks) of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-07 grade level or qualifying pay band under other pay systems in the Federal Service which has given you the particular knowledge, skills and abilities as shown below required to successfully perform the duties of the this position. Experience which involved performing education and training duties such as: management and delivery of the on-the-job (OJT) training; training requirements; retraining; organizational training planning; providing technical guidance and assistance to managers and supervisors within the organization on all aspects of the training program elements; and preparing briefings regarding status of programs. (To be creditable, specialized experience must meet the above quality level requirements).
Substitution of Education for Experience: Master's Degree or equivalent graduate degree or two (2) full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree OR; LL.B or J.D., in a relevant field of study (e.g., Education). This education must demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of a Training Technician and is related to the duties of this position. If qualifying based on education, a legible copy of your college transcripts identifying Institution name and location, type of degree awarded and date conferred is required.
COMBINATION OF EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
- Knowledge of the principles, processes and techniques of education and training program, policies and organization
- Knowledge of the principles and processes of effective instruction and adult learning
- Ability to provide and/or develop guidance on education and training issues, both formally and informally
- Ability to manage, supervise and/or monitor education and training programs
- Ability to analyze and evaluate education and training data/products and apply problem-solving techniques for resolving issues and improving processes
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE:Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY? You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
Individuals on active duty may apply 120 days before separation date and should indicate in their application their military separation date. Reservists who are mobilized may submit a copy of their mobilization orders or a statement in their application stating they are available within 120 days.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): For information how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated in the "Highly Qualified" or "Best Qualified" Category on the rating criteria for this vacancy. You must submit a copy of the agency notice, your most recent performance rating, and your most recent SF-50 noting position, grade level, and duty location.
Spouses of active duty military members of the Armed Forces may receive preference in hiring under this announcement if they are among the best qualified referred and are within reach of selection. Please clearly identify in your application that you are a military spouse preference applicant.
All Federal Employees are required by PL 104-134 to have federal payments made by Direct Deposit.
Tax Law Impact for PCS:On 22-Dec-2017, Public Law 115-97 - the "Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 suspended qualified moving expense deductions along with the exclusion for employer reimbursements and payments of moving expenses effective 01-Jan-2018 for tax years 2018 through 2025. The law made taxable certain reimbursements and other payments, including driving mileage, airfare and lodging expenses, en-route travel to the new duty station, and temporary storage of those items. The Federal Travel Regulation Bulletin (FTR) 18-05 issued by General Services Administration (GSA) has authorized agencies to use the Withholding Tax Allowance (WTA) and Relocation Income Tax Allowance (RITA) to pay for "substantially all" of the increased tax liability resulting from the "2018 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act" for certain eligible individuals. For additional information on WTA/RITA allowances and eligibilities, please visit: https://www.gsa.gov/cdnstatic/FTR%20Bulletin%201805%20Relocation%20Allowances0.pdf
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Please note if duplicate/multiple application materials are submitted, we will consider the most recent submission as the one of record. If you do not meet the screen out questions, you will not receive any further consideration. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
You will be rated under Category Rating procedures based on the extent to which your experience meets the Knowledge, Skills and Abilities for the position and rated as shown below. Additional points are not added for veterans' preference; however, preference is still applied. Applicants eligible for veteran's preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans within the same quality category. Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire. You will receive a rating based on your responses to the assessment questionnaire. The rating is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills, and abilities required of this position. If after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, your rating can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities.
If you meet the qualification requirements, your application will be placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified- Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements for announced position. Highly Qualified- Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements for announced position. Qualified- Candidates in this category meet the minimum experience requirements for announced position.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
- Required Documents
The following documents are required:
- Your Resume-Work experience sections must show inclusive dates (month/year) and number of hours worked per week. If in a Reserve component, you should also identify any man-days or active duty days (total number of days) within the corresponding work experience block, if applicable. Additional information on what your resume must contain can be found on the following link: http://www.afrc.af.mil/Portals/87/documents/jobs/FEDERAL-JOB-INFORMATION-MARCH-2018.pdf.
- The Occupational Assessment Questionnaire
- Other supporting documents:
Veterans Preference Documentation, if applicable - To successfully claim veterans' preference, your resume/supplemental data must clearly show your entitlement. If you are claiming Veterans' Preference, please see the information below:
COPY OF DD 214, CERTIFICATE OF RELEASE OR DISCHARGE FROM ACTIVE DUTY PROVIDED MUST IDENTIFY TYPE OF SEPARATION, CHARACTER OF SERVICE AND NARRATIVE REASON FOR SEPARATION.
Claims for 5-Point Veterans' Preference. Submit official documentation such as (1) a DD 214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty - Member 4 copy (2) (2) Virtual MPF awards and decoration printout and Statement of Service Letter/DD-214; or (3) Statement of Service Letter or other form of certification signed by a Military Personnelist or other authorizing official (Commander of your unit or higher headquarters) who certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions not later than 120 days after the date the certification is submitted. The certification should also include your rank, dates of active duty service, the type of Discharge and Character of Service (for members in a Reserve component, the letter must clearly identify 180 consecutive days of active duty, not for training).
If selected, you will be required to submit a copy of your DD 214 prior to entering on duty.
Claims for 10-Point Veterans' Preference. Submit the following documents: (1) Standard Form 15, pages 1&2 (Revised Oct 13 or later; previous editions are unusable); (2) a letter from the Veterans Administration, dated 1991 or later identifying percentage of disability. The Employment Letter is the preferred supporting documentation which must be submitted with the SF 15. The Employment Letter can be requested through the Veterans Administration by calling 1-800-827-1000; and (3) a DD 214 Member 4 copy. If sufficient information is not provided, tentative preference may be granted based on 5- Point Veterans' Preference criteria as stated above.
For Additional details on veteran's preference, please refer to the OPM VetGuide at http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/veterans-services/vet-guide/
The above mentioned forms may be obtained from the Air Force Reserve website at http://www.afrc.af.mil/AboutUs/JobOpportunities.aspx.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (ET) on 12/12/2018.
To preview the Application Questionnaire, please click the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10371702
To begin the process, click the Apply Onlinebutton to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the application questionnaire. Please ensure you click the Submit My Applicationbutton at the end of the process.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
- Your Resume (your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications). If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent (latest) version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is "most recent."
- It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, you will not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and dates of employment (i.e., hours per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position.
- A complete Application Questionnaire
- Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section). Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name.
If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application. The Vacancy ID is 10371702.
PLEASE NOTE: It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered and/or uploaded, (i.e., resume) is received, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. You may verify your documents have been processed with your application package successfully. You can access your USAJOBS account to do so by clicking here. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
Human Resources WILL NOT modify or change any answers submitted by an applicant.
Agency contact information
Special Examining Unit
AFRC Non-ART Locations 550 'C' Street W JBSA Randolph AFB, TX 78150 US
Learn more about this agency
Applications will be processed for rating after the close date of this announcement. Processing time for applications is several weeks from the close date of this announcement. Applicants will receive a Notice of Results (NOR) via email approximately 2 days after the announcement closes. The rating on this NOR will be based strictly on your answers to the questionnaire. You will receive another NOR via email once your application is rated by a Human Resources Specialist which may reflect a different rating from the initial notice. Qualified candidates may be referred to the selecting official for further consideration.
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/518593100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 12/06/2018 to 12/12/2018
Pay scale & grade: GS 9
Salary: $51,133 to $71,035 per year
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Full-Time