Astreya Transport Control Center Technician in Thornton, Colorado
Astreya Partners are at the cusp of the new way of working. We provide IT services and Managed Performance to some of the most exciting companies on the planet. Our delivery model helps our clients be *Positively productive *by matching exceptional people to on-site teams delivering world class IT service. With engineers in over 30 countries and 70 cities around the world we are a truly global company working with truly global clients.
This role will work on the Network Operations Support Services team that involves troubleshooting, monitoring, maintaining and repairing global optical network infrastructure as described below. Network Operations Support Services also include managing and resolving troubleshooting tickets from internal teams and third-party teams, maintaining documentation and performing capacity and system acceptances, as described below.
Your Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Troubleshooting and resolving any faults related to the hardware listed below:
Any module in chassis
Troubleshoot and resolving any issues with optical light levels related to optical power generated and received by optical equipment, as described below:
Identifying and resolving Optical Power Receive/Optical Power Transmit (“OPR/OPT”) high/ low issues
Identifying and resolving optical span loss low/high issue
Troubleshooting and resolving any hardware faults requiring module reboots and replacements by performing such reboots and replacements as necessary.
Monitoring services for the TCC systems, including the following:
Monitoring optical alarms, including but not limited to network alarm dashboards, and Contractor Element Management System (“EMS”) and Network Management System (“NMS”)
Opening troubleshooting tickets (“Tickets”) for issues related to optical alarms and necessary reparations
Monitoring optical alarm Ticket queue and resolve Tickets
Monitoring and maintaining rectifiers and mini Battery Distribution Fuse Bays (“BDFBs”)
Monitoring network audit failure dashboard and opening Tickets for corrective action
Management and maintenance services for the TCC, including:
Managing all fiber maintenance activity and fiber cuts, which will include developing documentation and managing escalations, both internally and externally
Executing preventative maintenance plans, e.g. fan filter swaps
Performing software upgrades for qualified releases
Working decommissioning projects as required
Resolving network audit failures, e.g. firmware upgrade failures|
Providing first responder services for optical outages, which will be reported as Tickets
- Supporting existing operations (such as helping to resolve current Tickets) and other projects related to global optical network infrastructure that fall within the scope of this SOW
Repair services for global optical network infrastructure, including:
Handling Return Materials Authorization (“RMA”) requests and part replacement, including the following: As necessary, requesting replacement parts and arranging for field engineering support, Executing part replacement, Ensuring original parts get returned after they have been replaced
Creating and executing Production Change Requests (“PCRs”) for the following issues and others: Span loss repair, Hardware replacement, as needed, Any service or non-service that impacts diagnostic, repair or maintenance activity or that otherwise negatively affects ability to deliver network services.
Managing internal Tickets for the TCC team
Developing documentation related to the Networks Operations Support Services listed above, including but not limited to the following:
Documentation of discrepancies discovered during troubleshooting as required, including path file discrepancies and dark fiber discrepancies
Ongoing maintenance and administration of internal documentation and databases related to the Network Operations Support Services.
- Data gathering and reporting of metrics for actionable events, e.g. gathering and reporting data on the number of Tickets resolved
- Developing documentation of acceptances (i.e. new service or hardware that is acceptable) , including new circuit and new system acceptances
What can Astreya offer you?
- Working with some of the biggest firms in the world as part of the Astreya delivery network
- Employment in the fast growing IT space providing you with brilliant career options for years to come
- Introduction to the new ways of working and awesome technologies
- Career paths to help you establish where you want to go
- A company-wide mentoring program to advise you along the way
- Online training courses through CBT-nuggets to upskill you
- Performance management system to provide you with meaningful, actionable feedback
- Dedicated management to provide you with a point of leadership and care
- Internal promotion focus. We love to build people from within.
- Numerous on-the-job perks
- Peer Recognition
- Market competitive rates and benefits
Years of Experience(Minimum)