Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Certified Process Instructor-Process Control Engineering (665414) in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Technical Specialist II – Process Control Engineering
What you'll do:
- Provide advanced certification instruction and training on specialized procedures and techniques including Printed Circuit Board Polymerics use and application to NASA-STD-8739.1, Electronics and Cable assembly to IPC – J-STD-001 with Space Addendum, IPC-A-610 & IPC/WHMA-A-620; to other employees.
- Assist in developing processes and procedures essential to departmental compliance and high hardware quality.
- Maintain certification schedule, rosters, required logs, records, and reports in accordance with Ball Aerospace policies/procedures and government regulations.
- Solder/de-solder surface mount and through-hole electronic components to Printed Circuit Boards.
- Mix and apply chemical and bonding agents to circuit boards.
- Perform visual inspection processes.
- Support anomaly resolution and implementation of corrective actions.
- Participate in industry-wide working groups or seminars and be recognized by industry experts, suppliers, and customers.
- Regular communication and interaction with higher level management, customers, and internal and external auditors.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you'll need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 14 or more years of related experience or a related two-year technical degree and 12 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Two years of experience in certification instruction.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to clearly communicate in written and oral presentations is required.
- Ability to present technical information in front of large groups (>20 people).
- Certification to IPC standards as a certified trainer is preferred.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, clean room, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Certified Process Instructor-Process Control Engineering (665414)
Job ID: 665414
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time